It’s a lovely summer evening so we wanted something lighter for dinner. We whipped up some delicious vegan and dairy free green pesto and some Mediterranean salsa to put onto some grilled ciabatta. We ate outside on the balcony and it was awesome 🙂
These recipes are pretty chilled as it was just something we threw together 🙂
- handful of cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1 avocado
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 tablespoon of oil (we used organic rapeseed oil)
- sprinkling of lemon juice
- generous pinch of garlic powder
- generous pinch of salt
- generous pinch of ground black pepper
- Drain the cashews and place in a blender together with all the other ingredients. Very simply, blend until smooth. We put ours into a serving bowl and sprinkled with some pine nuts.
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 4 pieces of sundried tomatoes
- half a teaspoon of chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- As before, place everything in a blender together and blitz for a few seconds. We put ours into a serving bowl and drizzled with more balsamic vinegar.
Cut the ciabatta in half and brush with oil. Grill until golden. Serve with the pesto and salsa. And there you have it! The pesto was so good and could definitely be used with pasta, courgettey, crudités, or simply on toast. Yum!