I’ve often wanted to try a dish with boiled beetroot because I’ve ever only had it pickled out of a jar! After having a look around the internet for what pairs well with beetroot, I decided to lean in to the earthy flavour and go with spinach and soya steak strips on a bed of carrot mash.
- 380g Fry’s Beef Strips
- 300g cooked beetroot, quartered
- handfuls of spinach
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- bunch of carrots
- Boil the carrots and then puree them. Leave aside for now.
- Fry the defrosted beef strips in the olive oil for a few minutes.
- In another pot, boil the quartered beetroot bulbs to heat them through.
- Once heated, drain the beetroot and place them in a large bowl, together with the fried beef strips.
- Add the spinach on top of the beef and beetroot and leave it to wilt slightly.
- In the mean time, split the carrot mash into three portions and plate up.
- Divide the beef, beetroot and spinach mixture into three and place each portion on top of the carrot mash portions.
Easy, simple, colourful, done 🙂