My husband, the vegan, adores broccoli. He also enjoys Asian fusion flavours. So when I found a great recipe here, I made it veggie-friendly.
The adapted recipe was delicious and we managed to eat three portions between us!
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (level) honey (or agave syrup)
- 1 tablespoons (level) cornflour
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon (level) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 375g Realeat Chicken Style Pieces
- 200g broccoli, boiled
- 80g sugar snap peas
- Big bag of beansprouts to act as the noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and chopped chilli and spring onions to garnish
- Blend together the soya sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, cornflour, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, salt and pepper. This is the sauce. Leave it aside for now.
- Cook the defrosted chicken pieces in a little oil for 5 minutes.
- Then add the broccoli and sugar snaps and sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- In another pan, stir fry some beansprouts for 3 minutes to act as noodles.
- When the broccoli is at the right firmness for you, remove from the heat and serve on top of the beansprouts.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds over for presentation if you wish.