For the Falafel:
- 1 can of chick peas, drained
- 1 onion
- 5 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 / 400 degrees F.
- To make the falafel patties, simply put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend into a dough.
- Roll the mixture into little bite size balls and then flatten into patty shapes.
- Place them onto a silicon baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until they start to brown off.
- At this point, flip the patties over and bake for another 20 minutes.
While the falalfel bake, prepare the Tzatziki:
- 250g Alpro Simply Plain Yogurt
- 2 medium gherkins
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch Paprika
- 5 sprigs fresh mint
- Put all the ingredients into the food processor and mix.
- Blend it to personal preference – roughly chopped or smoothly blended.
Serve the falafel patties and tzatziki with a toasted wholemeal pitta and loads of salad and veg, for example, red onions, gem lettuce, pickled onions, fresh tomato salsa, gherkins, pickled beetroot, capers, grated carrot, jalapeños, fresh mint, cucumber, chillis and so on. Gorgeous!